In this article, John O’Sullivan from the Changing the Game Project writes about a professional athlete that has impacted the way he coaches, parents, and looks at athletic achievement.
Thank you for being the gold standard of effort and focus that I hold every athlete I coach up to. Thanks for teaching me these 5 valuable life lessons that I live by every day, and I have tried to convey to my players and my own kids:
- When things go against you, just work harder than everyone else
- When things go for you, never stop working harder than everyone else
- When no one believes in you, believe in yourself
- No matter how good you are on the field, be a better human being off the field
- True talent comes in all shapes and sizes, so be patient, keep your eyes and ears open, and be ready to let it shine.
Leave us a comment about this post firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up now to get a “Head Start” on your competition with our free basketball tip of the day delivered straight to your inbox. Click below, enter your email and we’ll also send you our E-Book, “Mental Toughness, Improve Your Brain – Improve Your Game”.