The Hoop Guru 3 on 3 basketball league will offer exciting opportunities to enhance your individual and team skills.
The smaller team size increases offensive and defensive opportunities for each player through basic fundamental team play (give and go’s, back door cuts, screen and rolls, etc.). The intent of this format is to provide a fun, competitive learning environment for all players. We will not have coaches for these games, as we feel that sometimes the players just need to go out and play to get the best experience that they can out on the court. Please allow the players to “play” and refrain from coaching the team.
Benefits of the Hoop Guru 3 on 3 Basketball League:
- More touches for each player. More time with the ball means more opportunity to get better.
- More likely that all 3 players will be involved in the action on every play.
- More even distribution of touches among the players. More space to pass and cut.
- More room to drive to the basket.
- Improve court awareness/spacing.
- Improve fundamental skill sets.
- Improve decision making and overall basketball IQ.
- Learn to play “without the ball”.
Who – Boys & Girls in Grades 3-12
When – Sundays between 9:00am and 8:00pm, August 6, 13, 20 & 27
Where – The Courthouse, 1669 West 130th Street, Building 5, Hinckley, OH 44233
Time – 1:00-8:00 p.m.
Cost – $250 per team – up to 5 players per team.
1. Games are 15 minute running time
2. 3 games each week (some may play 4 games)
3. Last week is a double-elimination tournament
4. One official per game
5. Losers ball out – No make it, take it
6. Approximately 75 minutes at the gym each week
Divisions – Grade going into Fall 2017
Boys – 3/4th, 5/6th, 7/8th
Girls – 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-12th